Friday, August 28, 2009

The End :)

Boy did I leave all of you hanging!

So sorry. Life happened.

My last week in New Zealand was a whirlwind. A trip to Dunedin that included everything from seeing the steepest street in the world, watching the girls win their match, and a few other things and races that shouldn't be mentioned all sent me out on a wonderful note.

I made a lot of fantastic friends, people I will never forget, and people that I surely will see again. I loved the country I loved the people and I loved the love. It was all together one of the best experiences of my life.

One of my last few nights I, with the help of Megs invited everyone out for dinner and drinks as a wee going away soiree. So many people showed up! It made me realize how many friends I had actually made. And they weren't just acquaintances, they were real genuine people that I had come to really love and care about! That's when it hit me that I was really leaving a place that had grown into my heart, and I felt so sad.

New Zealand is a country that you can't not love. The beauty and the atmosphere alone are enough to keep me mesmerized. The people are kind and welcoming, and the air to my whole trip was so lovely that I can't think of one bad thing about it. I even kinda loved Subway now that I think about it.

I don't know where my life is taking me. Rather, I don't even have a clue where I will be four months from now, but I know very much that I haven't seen the last of New Zealand, and I will miss it until I return.

Thank you everyone who made my trip the amazing journey that it was. I am so grateful for all the friends and family at home who supported me, followed my blog, and kept me in their thoughts. I am also forever in debt to the wonderful people of New Zealand, who without them, my trip would have been far from the perfection it was.

I will have more adventures, but until then you can keep up with me in my blog about my new Internship, which I just started this week!

I LOVE YOU ALL!

Thanks so much.

Caitlin xo

No comments:

Post a Comment